Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

Do It Yourself COMC Packs #12/35 1958 Topps

I recently had 8 months worth of Check Out My Cards purchases shipped.  I divided the 153 cards into 35 groups.  I like to think of these as hand picked "packs".   I'm posting them in random order.  "Pack" #12 was $4.55 including shipping.

The outspoken Jimmmy Piersall.  1958 was his last Red Sox card.  He was traded to Cleveland in December 1958 for Vic Wertz and Gary Geiger.
"The Boy Bandit"?

Frank "Noodles" Zupo.  What's not to like?  He formed the only all "Z" battery in MLB history when he combined with pitcher George Zuverink in a game in 1957.  Look out Wally Moon.  You have competition.

Phil reminds me of former Cub pitcher Bill Hands.

I guess this is Milt Pappas' rookie card.  He's still bitter about losing his perfect game with the Cubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...