Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Gargage Sale Pack #15

This summer I bought a bunch of 20-25 card packs (sealed ziplocks) at the local garage sale.  Each one was just 25 cents and I could see two cards.  I've been opening them one at a time and posting my favorites here.  I realize that I'm not going to get any "mojo hits" but so far I've had a lot of fun with them.

Pack fifteen had 24 cards --10 baseball, 11 football and 3 basketball.

This card makes the pack for me.  It's shiny and it's a legendary quarterback.

Another shiny football card, this time of a young star.
I guess the guy I bought these cards from was a Woodson fan because I seem to get one of his cards in every pack.
Ricky Watters averaged over 1000 yards for each of his ten NFL seasons.
I think Bobby was in the last pack too.
Here's another side of Bobby.  Yes, there's a story behind this.  
Cool looking photo of Kevin Jones who rushed for over 1,100 yards in his rookie season.
T O!
The well traveled Mike Riley is currently head coach of the Oregon State Beavers.
Will Tram ever make it to the Hall of Fame?  Well, he can visit.  I don't know if he'll ever be a member.  After  sharing the bench with Uncle Lou in Chicago he joined his former teammate Kirk Gibson this year in Phoenix.
Jack's another borderline HOFer.  He does have 4 Championship rings and was 4-2 in three World Series.
Jack loved talking to ESPN.

Better picture on the back even if it doesn't show Gary's face.
Topps rookie cup and NL ROY in 1989.
A whole team in in throwback uni's.  Outstanding!
"Big Shot Rob" has seven championship rings to his credit.

2 comments:

  1. It would be fun to figure who the female reporter for ESPN is in the picture. Nice legs, but not too flattering of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of them have their legs crossed. That's a classic flirting move..."mirroring." Nicely done, Jack.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...