Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

We Finally Got a Piece of the Pie


I finally got a complete base set of the new Topps American Pie.  Here are some of my favorites.  I made an effort to highlight some that I don't think have been featured over and over already.  I've also included the backs.

What's more American Pie than "Who's on First"

Don't forget "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington".

Grace indeed.

Love the Peanuts!  A strip every day for 50 years!

"You Bet Your Life" on radio and television ran from 1947-1961.  The secret word is "funny".
Terrific!

Still great 45 years later.  The use of Vince Guaraldi's music was genius.

I do like "Wonderful World" but Louis's early stuff with Hot Fives and Sevens was "out of this world".

Their music never gets old.

Most of you only know Jeopardy with Alex Trebek as host.  I remember and still prefer Art Fleming with SNL's Don Pardo as announcer.  Still the best "thinking man's" game show.

I had the originals.  Operative word is "had".  I can still remember the smell of the orange track.

My wife's favorite show.  Some of the episodes give me chills.

Paranoid, yes.  Unscrupulous, yes.  Also one of the most intelligent Presidents of my lifetime.

This was part of the greatest era in tennis history as well as a great moment for the women's movement. 

Ground-breaking and funny.

What a nice man!

I can watch this every day and not get tired of it.  To my wife-- look-pigeons!

This show was interesting until it devolved into sex and booze.

It's mean but there was something gratifying in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...