Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Do It Yourself COMC Pack #22 -- Tennis

I recently had 8 months worth of Check Out My Cards purchases shipped.  I divided the 153 cards into 35 groups.  I like to think of these as hand picked "packs".   I'm posting them in random order.  "Pack" #29, five cards, was $6.17 including shipping.

While not the most charismatic of guys, Pete is arguably the best men's tennis player of all-time.

This guy does have personality.  This is the glossy version #'d to 999.  It didn't cost much more than the regular version.

John Newcombe was prominent at the beginning of my favorite era of tennis in the 1960's and 70's.  He won 7 singles and 26 Grand Slam titles overall.  I hemmed and hawed about buying this card.  Every other autographed card I've seen from this set has a sticker auto.  The signature does look right and it has an ACE sticker.  I'm hoping this is just a rare "on card" version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...