Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

8 From 5 = Cubs

Matthew at Number 5 Type Collection was giving away cards recently and I was the lucky winner of a stack of Cubs cards.  The Cubs last won the World Series in 08 (yes, haters, 1908), so I chose my favorite 8 cards.  Actually I have one more that I'm saving for it's own post.

Ryan Dempster is my favorite current Cub and I am actively collecting his cards.  This is one I didn't have.  It's numbered to 2007.  For a guy with tons of personality his cards are really boring.  At least in this one he's got a weird expression on his face.  I don't know if it's intentional.

DeRosa was a  guy I wish the Cubs had kept.  I guess he's with the Nationals this year, his 7th team in 9 years.

Bobby's still in the Cubs organization but was assigned to the minors again.  I'll always remember a radio interview he did with Hall of Famer Ron Santo who, probably because he couldn't remember his name, kept calling Scales, "Big Boy".

I always appreciate the old guys.  This is Riggs Stephenson.

Let's play two!

Hate the Drake but I love this card.  Did you remember that the Cubs played in their pajamas in the 70's and 80's?  And check out the great mustache!

Great shot of Fonzie in his home run trot.  If you ask nicely I'll bet Wrigley Wax would tell us what game this is from.

It's the pride of the Hanshin Tigers, Matt Murton.  Here's his profile from Japan.

Thanks Matthew!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, did the photographer tell Dempster to pretend he was blowing into a flute in that shot? lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...