Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pack Break -- 2008 Topps Opening Day

I just opened this pack of 2008 Topps Opening Day cards:


I know that the reserve clause was unfair to the players and that free agency is "the right thing".  That being said I'm old enough to remember when players, especially great ones,  spent most of their career with the same team.  As a fan I preferred it that way.  This entire pack from five years ago is made up of players that have switched teams at least once.






Not a bad pack.  I know a lot of collectors don't like the red borders on these and probably didn't like them that much with the regular white either.  I for one love the red.

1 comment:

  1. Funny you should mention this. I have a post on the same thing you just mentioned coming up tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...