Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

From the Vault -- Pictures from Wrigley 10 -- Opening Day 1977

Did you see this report on "Superior Biographical Memory".

People with superior biographical memory or hyperthymesia  have "an extraordinary capacity to recall specific events from his or her personal past."

It stands to reason that this capability is at the far right of the memory continuum.  Which brings me to myself.   I assume my autobiographical memory sits somewhere between average and brain damaged (probably much closer to the latter).  I have very little memory for long stretches of time.  The game pictured below, for instance, I have no memory at all of being at.  It was Opening Day on April 7, 1977.  The Cubs played the Mets.  I took the pictures but I'm puzzled as to why they are all of the time before the game started and none of the game itself.  I can only guess why.  A shame too because the Mets pitcher that day was Hall of Famer Tom Seaver.

That's Ernie Banks throwing out the first pitch.

















 Randy Hundley?







3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...