Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

Blow Out the Candles July 27

Hall of Fame player and manager Leo Durocher was born in West Springfield, Massachusetts on this date in 1905.
 1967 Topps #481
How you play the game is for college ball. When you're playing for money, winning is the only thing that matters.
 I never did say that you can't be a nice guy and win. I said that if I was playing third base and my mother rounded third with the winning run, I'd trip her up.
Some guys are admired for coming to play, as the saying goes. I prefer those who come to kill.
Winning is a habit. 
 If you don't win, you're going to be fired. If you do win, you've only put off the day you're going to be fired.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot.
I never questioned the integrity of an umpire. Their eyesight, yes.

Hall of Famer Joe Tinker was born in Muscotah, Kansas on this date in 1880.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...