Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Autographed Baseball Cards A-Z

When I got back into collecting five or so years ago one of the things that excited me was the availability of autographed cards.  Perhaps I went a little overboard but I think I picked up some nice cards.  This will be an A-Z series of posts with varying numbers of cards.

2002 Team Topps Legends #TT-PB
Paul was a must have for my 60's -70's era Orioles collection.

I bought the next two Yankee cards from the same Ebay seller one night in a bit of a bidding frenzy.  
2003 #PN-BL
The late Johnny Blanchard appeared in 5 World Series.  He called the pitch that Mazeroski hit out of the park to end the 1960 tilt against the Pirates.  He hit .455 in that series and .400 in the following year's rout of the Reds including 2 home runs.  Great signature on this card.

2003 #PN-RB
A member of the National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame, Ron became the first designated hitter in baseball when he stepped to the plate on April 6, 1973.

1999 Fleer SI
Vida Blue is part of my Swingin A's autograph collection.  I also love the SI Covers series

2005 UD Past Time Pennants #BB
Finally a  member of the Hall of Fame!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...