Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Vintage Pickup from Ebay


Here's a fun item I picked up on Ebay last week. It's a 1969 Topps Chicago Cubs stamp album. The inside has a table of contents listing the ten players. The actual stamp pages show photos of two players each with a stats box next to the picture. I'm afraid to open mine to scan but I found an example on the web:


The back has facsimile autographs of the ten players.

The '69 Cubs are Glenn Beckert, Billy Williams, Don Kessinger, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Adolfo Phillips, Randy Hundley, Phil Regan, Bill Hands and Fergie Jenkins.

My album came with two stamps, Ernie Banks and Phil Regan. I think I have a Ron Santo stamp in my collection.

Checking Ebay I see that these albums are fairly plentiful and not too pricey. Got 200 bucks to spend? Here's someone offering a complete set with stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...