Search This Blog

Sunday, June 18, 2023

And We're Giving You a Tie!


 I'm not a father myself but today is one of those days when I think of my own dear old dad.  This is an oft posted picture of my baseball loving father outside his school in Chicago in the 1930's.

Cubs legend Stan Hack was my dad's favorite player in his youth.  Coincidentally my favorite Cub is also a legendary Cubs 3rd baseman, Ron Santo.

Here are a few never before published photographs of my Dad Marv as a young man about town in Chicago.


Happy Father's Day.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks. Hard to believe my Dad has been gone for over 25 years already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos of your father! I'm not a father either, but thankfully got a chance to celebrate the special day with my dad. Heck... my mom passed away a few years ago, but I still celebrate Mother's Day in her honor, so even though I don't have kids... I'll always celebrate both of these holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you're pretty close to your Dad. Glad you were able to celebrate with him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! Do you know where the last one was taken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't noted on the back of the photo. Obviously on the Chicago lakefront. Most likely on the North Side. Maybe around Montrose Ave. When they were dating that's where my parents hung out. (Not clear if my mom took the picture.) After his death she and I spread his ashes there at Montrose beach.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...