Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

People Who Collect and the People Who Love Them

 I've only opened two packs in the last two years, both Topps flagship 36 card packs.  Both were gifts from my wife.  Those of us who collect, whether it be trading cards or anything else, are fortunate if the people around us are supportive of our hobby.  So here's to the wives, husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends, kids, parents and friends who at least humor us in our collecting endeavors.  

Thanks Sweetie!  I got some good cards in this pack.


6 comments:

  1. Wow. Very solid pack. My girlfriend hasn't bought me any packs in years, but she doesn't complain about stacks of cards laying around the office either... so I'll take it. I did receive a box of cards from a former student the last week of school though. I thought that was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's definitely about the time and money we spend and the space we take up. Gifts are a bonus.

      Delete
  2. Two packs in two years, wow. I've cut back, but not so the withdrawal symptoms kick in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my collecting passion and spending over the last six or so years have gone into postcards and first day covers. I think my Chicago related postals alone are over 800.

      Delete
  3. Goodness gracious. 2 packs 2 years. I'd have no skin left and I don't buy retail blasters. I don't open much wax. When pandemic pricing kicked in my days of ripping (older wax) stopped and my solution was a box or two of current hobby boxes. You are certainly on the spot with those who support us. I won't say anything about those who do not, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, cost definitely factors in. I've usually been disappointed opening packs. I've been more jazzed hand picking cards and especially postcards.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...