Search This Blog

Sunday, June 25, 2023

The Brooklyn Bridge

 The biggest part of my postcard collection is focused on my hometown, Chicago, IL.  As time has gone by I've branched out to include other cities.   To that end I have about two dozen or so vintage scenes from New York City.  Here's the iconic Brooklyn Bridge.

This card dates from somewhere between  1915 and 1930.

If you're a reader interested in history there's a good chance you've read something by the late David McCullough.  







6 comments:

  1. Nice postcard. Would love to see more of the NY ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous postcard! I've been torn between diving into collecting them. Right now... I only pick them up when they relate to sports and are very affordable. But I've been gifted a bunch from Japan... and I've considered collecting ones related to the Bay Area.

    P.S. 1776 seems like a very interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch out Fuji, you may just get hooked! I started innocently, buying postcards for my wife. Now I have 12+ binders full of the stuff. I read 1776. All of his books are good. I wished his Wright Brothers book was longer.

      Delete
  3. Do you have a preference when it comes to unused vs. used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more information on the back the better. It's like going back in time. I've checked addresses and found the house or building from 100 years ago still there.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...