Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Garage Sale Packs #1

I went to a garage sale today where a guy had a lot of cards.  Most of them were junk and mostly way overpriced.  The best thing I found was a box filled with ziplock bags of about 20-25 cards each for a quarter a bag.  Without opening them, which I didn't feel right about (and they were tightly packed), I could only see the outside two cards.  I did my best to at least get about a quarter's worth from each one.

Here are the highlights from pack one.  How'd I do?

I'm a big fan of throwback uniforms.  I've seen this one on cards before but it's a good one and it's Will the Thrill.

I like the intensity on Kirt's face here.

There were two copies of this card in the pack.  Danny was in an episode of Seinfeld, The Pledge, in 1994.

"Fire, Fire"!!  Sharone "owns an extensive collection of NHL replica jerseys and matching hats."  Alright, sir.


I've always been a fan of SP Authentic.  Nnamdi was one of the major free agents this year signing for 60 mil with the Eagles.  Lofa was a 3 time Pro Bowler.


That Jet has a Marvin on his butt.  Seriously though, Harrison was a great receiver.  It didn't hurt to have Peyton Manning as his quarterback.  They hooked up for TD's 112 times.

Hall of Famer Rod Woodson.  26 was always his number.  I think the photo on the back is fun.  Typical Upper Deck.

Roaf was an 11 time Pro Bowl selection and is in the Saints Hall of Fame.  I love the glasses.


I had to look this up but this card was from a 69 card all action set put out by Fleer in 1979.


I like this card for the picture of Brett on the back.

Again, I had to look this up but it's from a Topps 1998 set, Topps Stars.  The football set had 150 cards.  They put out a baseball set as well.   This card is 2145/8799.  Were they all serial numbered?  I think the cards are kind of cool looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...