Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Autographed Baseball Cards A-Z

When I got back into collecting five or so years ago one of the things that excited me was the availability of autographed cards.  Perhaps I went a little overboard but I think I picked up some nice cards.  This will be an A-Z series of posts with varying numbers of cards.

2004 UD Yankees Classic Scripts #AU-49
Though he's pictured here as a Yankee Pat is really part of my Orioles collection.  In 1971 he was one of four Orioles pitchers with 20 or more wins.  The others were Cuellar, Palmer and McNally.

2005 UD Decades #UD-BD
Red Sox great Doerr from my favorite set.  Bobby at 93 is currently the oldest living player in the Hall of Fame.

1998 Score #107
I don't usually buy non-certified autos but I bought this card for two reasons. The first is obvious.  It's an awesome photo!  Secondly, it's made out to me, David (even though it wasn't).

1987 Donruss #187
Two non-certified cards in a row.  Probably the only time.  I don't recall how I acquired it.  Dave is well known for his battle with cancer.  He's currently a motivational speaker.

2003 UD Yankee Signature Series #PN-RD
I think I bought this along with a bunch of other Yankees.  Of course he is the namesake of Cubs great Ryne Sandberg.  Duren passed away earlier this year.

2005 UD Past Time Pennants #LD
"Nails" has had all sorts of trouble.  He did play hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...