Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Two Brave Women Who Took to the Skies

On this date in 1918 Amelia Earhart (as a passenger) landed near the village of Pwll in Wales becoming the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean.  
I'd really like to see another edition of Chicle.
Image result for amelia earhart 1928
Before the flight.
Image result for amelia earhart 1928

Coincidentally, astronaut Sally Ride became the first woman to fly into space, on this date in 1983.
File:S83-34151.jpg
Image result for sally ride
Image result for sally ride

4 comments:

  1. How did I not know Earhart made the trip across the Atlantic as a passenger? I thought she did it solo. Learn something new everyday I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since I watched Apollo 13 a few weeks ago, I've been debating on creating a space program card collection. It was such a key piece of my childhood. It seemed like every kid in my school got excited about watching space shuttle launches. When Sally Ride became the first American in space, it was a huge deal. She instantly became an American Icon and a hero to so many kids.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...