Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Rafael Nadal Makes Tennis History at the French Open

I don't know how many of you follow tennis these days.  I'm really just a casual fan myself.  
I was aware that he was playing in the Franch Open this week but I didn't know that the Spaniard was  about to  accomplish something that no one else ever has.  On Sunday Rafa became the first tennis player to win the same major 12 times.  He had been tied with Margaret Court who won the Australian 11 times.  That's a pretty amazing feat!

I don't own many tennis cards and I had to seach through a bunch a boxes but I found this one of a young Rafa.



Image result for rafa nadal
Image result for rafa nadal


3 comments:

  1. Damn. He looks so young on that card. I don't really follow tennis, but I do check to see who won the majors from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We looked a heck of a lot younger 17 years ago too! At least I did. I followed tennis much more closely in the seventies and eighties. I miss that era. Another sign of age I guess. Bring back wooden racquets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the most powerful man I've ever met !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...