Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blow Out the Candles -- Jan 26

"The Great One", Wayne Gretzky is celebrating his 50th birthday today.
1990-91 Bowman #143

1978
1980
October 12, 1981
Wayne with Cheryl Tiegs 1982
Interviewing Coffey and Messier
One of his four Championships
Coach Gretzky


Hall of Famer Frank Nighbor was born on this date in 1893.
Frank Nighbor was the very first winner of the Lady Byng trophy (1925) and the Hart Trophy (1926).

Hall of Famer (for broadcasting baseball, not playing it), Bob Uecker turns 76 today.
Bob has been calling Brewers games since 1971.
 Bob began is playing career in Milwaukee (1962-63)
Bob played for the Cardinals in 1964-65
Joe, Willie and Bob
Uecker spent as many seasons (6) as George Owens on Mr Belvidere  as he did as a player in the major leagues.

Happy Birthday to fellow blogger John Wroblewski aka Johngy of Johngy's Beat.
I don't know his age but I think he's pretty old. :)  Here he is with Cubs catcher Koyie Hill.

4 comments:

  1. I am not a hockey HOFer, nor a baseball legend (but I did interview Uecker), but still I share my day with them!
    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious. Wait until Johngy sees it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Great One, The Uke and Johngy! Too funny.
    Here's a clue about his age. He turned 21 the day the Bears won their only Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha. Wow. I am honored to be in such great company on such a great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...