Search This Blog

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Santo Saturdays -- A New Find

While doing my one one my frequent searches for Ron Santo cards I came across one that I had never seen before.  It's from a set put out by the "National Ethnic Heritage Foundation" and the "Sons of Italy Foundation".  The cards enticed me enough that I bought a set.  I'll be posting some of my favorites soon.  For now here's Ron:


The border around the image is gold that my scanner doesn't pick up well.
So far I haven't been able to place this image.  Does anyone know where it comes from?

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice looking card. Were there any other Cubs in the set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other "real" Cub is Phil Cavaretta but there a at least another half dozen that played for the team, e.g. Gaetti, Bowa, Demaree, Fassero etc.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...