Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Cubs Scrapbook March 26, 1969

I'm a few days early but I have time today.  Here's the first entry from a set of scrapbooks I won on Ebay last summer.  

"Pennant May be Sprouting in the Vally of the Sun".  "This is the Year".  Those could easily be headlines pulled from today's paper.  In this case they come from the date below.




Jim never did get another chance.

Durocher may have been getting a lot out of his team, but personality-wise he was no Joe Maddon.  Many of the players hated him.


Please note:  I do not own the rights to any of the articles or pictures posted here.  If anyone feels I have infringed on their copyright please let me know and I will remove the items.  

1 comment:

  1. That was a fun read, looking forward to more. There's something really great about having the actual old clippings vs reading on a website.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...