Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Song for a Sunday Night -- Where Everybody Knows Your Name

It's a funny thing about TV reruns.  There are some that I can watch over and over (Seinfeld, Andy Griffith, Dick Van Dyke).  Then there are some that, though I loved them the first time I just don't care to watch again.  Among them would be Cheers.  I loved the show for it's 11 seasons, particularly the early years but I rarely find myself watching the reruns.  Do you have the same experiences with your favorite shows?

I do still love the theme song, "Where Everybody Knows Your Name" by Gary Portnoy and  Judy Hart Angelo.
A bit of trivia:  Here's the original first verse:

Singing the blues when the Red Sox lose
It’s a crisis in your life
On the run 'cause all your girlfriends
Wanna be your wife
And the laundry ticket’s in the wash

Here's the full version of the song, sung by Gary Portnoy:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...