Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Can't Read Too Many Books February 2012

Here are the books I read this month.  Click on the book to see more at Amazon.com  If you have any recommendations please share them.  I'm not a big "genre" reader but as in my card collecting, I love variety in books.

Buzz Aldrin was the second human to step foot on the Moon.  This is his memoir of that time and his struggles through the aftermath up to today.  Not a bad read but nothing spectacular.
Rating 1-5

This is the best tennis book I've read since Rod Laver's "The Education of a Tennis Player".  It's also the best book I've read in a while, period.
Rating 1-5

I had high hopes about this one.  I vaguely remember when it came out but it came up again when I was reading about one of last month's books, Julian Barnes', "Sense of an Ending" which has some similarities to this one.  I found this story's meandering back and forth in time, via the main character's memory, a bit confusing.  Maybe it was the setting.  I don't know.  I just didn't love it.
Rating 1-5

It's hard to go wrong with anything by the two time Pulizer winning, David McCullough.  This is no exception.  I'll let him tell you about it:
 Rating 1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...