Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Do It Yourself COMC Packs #10/35 Ted Williams Co.

I recently had 8 months worth of Check Out My Cards purchases shipped.  I divided the 153 cards into 35 groups.  I like to think of these as hand picked "packs".   I'm posting them in random order.  "Pack" #10, four cards, was $1.31 including shipping.

These four cards are from the two sets put out by the Ted Williams Co. in 1993-94.

Don was the shortstop on the Cubs teams of my youth.   He could really make the acrobatic throw from the hole.  He's one of the core group of 1969 Cubs that you don't see too often anymore.

Boog is one of my favorites from the great Orioles teams of the 1960's-70's.

Can't have too many cards of old timers.  Johnny is of course famous for his consecutive no-hitters in 1938.

 Maris still holds a fascination for most of us.  This is a cool rare photo of Roger from his days with the Keokuk Kernels in 1954.  A bit of trivia: Roger spelled his name Maras back then. He changed it after the 1954 season.



2 comments:

  1. I love the Ted Williams sets. I think it is because they did such a good job with the faded background images. Other sets have used that technique but not a well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The windup pose on the Dutch Master is pretty cool. These cards are all new to me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...