Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Autographed Card A-Z John to Jones

When I got back into collecting five or so years ago one of the things that excited me was the availability of autographed cards.  Perhaps I went a little overboard but I think I picked up some nice cards.  This will be an A-Z series of posts with varying numbers of cards.

Tommy is 26th on the all-time wins list with 288.
 2003 UD Yankee Signature Series #PN-TJ
 2005 UD Past Time Pennants #TJ

Dave was part of the great Orioles teams of the 60's and 70's.
 2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites #FFA-DJ

 2005 Topps Rookie Cup #RC-DJ

This series is a lot of fun.  The signature is great.  Current wisdom is that the picture is of former Brewer and Blue Jay Tim Johnson.
 2006 Fleer Nickname Greats #NG-JJ

Cleon hit .340 for the 1969 Miracle Mets.
 2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites #FFA-CJ

Jones won 22 games and the NL Cy Young award in 1976.  The cover led me to check his splits for the year.  He went 16-3 in his first 21 starts (thus the headline).  Unfortunately he trailed off in the second half going just 6-11 in the next 19.  One of my favorite sets.
1999 Fleer SI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...