Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Garage Sale Packs #9

I short while back I bought a bunch of 20-25 card packs (sealed ziplocks) at the local garage sale.  Each one was just 25 cents and I could see two cards.  I've been opening them one at a time and posting my favorites here.  I realize that I'm not going to get any "mojo hits" but so far I've had a lot of fun with them.

Pack eight had 24 cards -- 11 baseball, 10 football and 3 basketball.

A riddle--When is Mark McGwire not Mark McGwire?  When he's Cal Ripken Jr.

Am Iwrong?

I always think of Seineld when I see Keith Hernandez.  "I'd pick up the third base coach if I were you because I don't think he's waving you in."
A couple of pretty good Bravos.
Nice shots of Tim who at 45 just picked up his 200th win.
Eddie hit 65 of his 504 home runs while a Dodger

Does Pedro get enough due for his great career?  3 Cy Young's, 8 AS games and a .687 W-L percentage.  Sure Hall of Famer?  First ballot?
Thomas was just the 25th player to eclipse 10,000 rushing yards in a career.
Ben won a SuperBowl with the Ravens and has some great receiving numbers.

Great card.

A pretty good kicker but check out that body shape.

Joe had 4 catches in Tampa Bay's Super Bowl win over the Raiders and has a cool football name.
I like art cards.

This sure is different!
Probably the tallest player in NBA history!

It's Pippen.  It's metal.  It's great!

1 comment:

  1. I think Pedro is a definite Hall-of-Famer, although I may be biased as a Red Sox fan. Great card of Ben Coates too! Saw so many Bledsoe to Coates passes back in the day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...