Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

From the Vault -- Pictures from Wrigley 9 -- King Kong

Back in the day I went to a number of Cubs games with my Canon FTb equipped with a telephoto lens.

The camera looked like this:

The lens looked something like the one below.  It's a fixed focal length of 400 mm, no zoom.  

Dave Kingman is one of my all-time favorite batters to watch.  I didn't have any kind of automatic film advance so these must have been separate swings.  They're ordered to look like they may have been just one or two.






2 comments:

  1. The shot of the ball hitting the bat is pretty cool. I can't imagine trying to do that with film especially without the auto film advance. I guess with practice you can time it just right. I like most of the people are intently watching him bat. Cool shots again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeremy. I guess I had some skill but probably more luck than anything.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...