Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Autographed Baseball Cards A-Z

When I got back into collecting five or so years ago one of the things that excited me was the availability of autographed cards.  Perhaps I went a little overboard but I think I picked up some nice cards.  This will be an A-Z series of posts with varying numbers of cards.

I'm not exactly sure why I bought this one.  I like Gracie.  Maybe it's because I couldn't score an affordable dual Santo/Grace at the time.  That doesn't make a lot of sense though.  Maybe he hypnotized me with his steely blue eyes.
2005 Topps Rookie Cup #RC-MG

Mudcat went 21-7 for the Twins in 1965.  In 2006 he published  Black Aces, a book about the only African-American pitchers to win 20 games in a season.  This card features a nice bright blue on-card signature.  

 2004 UD Timeless Teams #8

It's a coincidence that there are two cards from the same set back to back here.  I collect autographs from the Swingin'A's and Dick was the second baseman on all three championship teams.

2004 UD Timeless Teams #89

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...