Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Autographed Cards A-Z -- Kaat to Kessinger

When I got back into collecting five or so years ago one of the things that excited me was the availability of autographed cards.  Perhaps I went a little overboard but I think I picked up some nice cards.  This will be an A-Z series of posts with varying numbers of cards.

Kitty retired with 283 wins and 16 Gold Gloves 
 2001 Topps Reprint #141

 I specifically collect signatures from the 1968 Tigers but I'd want this one anyways.
 2005 UD Signature Decades #SD-AK 40/99
2006 Topps Co-Signers #SS-AK

Hall of Famer George Kell was a ten time All-Star.
2005 UD Signature Decades #SD-GK

Don was the shortstop for the Cubs of my youth.  Until the Tri-Star card came out in 2008 this was the only certified auto available.  Of course it's still the best.  My three copies are below.
 2004 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites #FFA-DKE
 I don't generally like cut auto's of living players but Don is a member of the '69 Cubs and I got this for a great price.  It's basically a nice large sticker auto on a picture-less card.  It's not really a cut auto at all.
2008 TriStar Signa Cuts

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...