Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Blow Out the Candles June 17

Big Red Machine shortstop Dave Concepcion is celebrating his 64th birthday today.
Dave is a 9 time All-Star and won 5 Gold Gloves at shortstop.  He achored the infield on the two Big Red Machine World Series Championships, in 1975, 1976.
 Fraternizing with the Dodgers
Bench, Concepcion and Perez
  In 2007 the Reds retired Dave's #13.

Artist M.C. Escher was born in Leeuwarde, The Netherlands on this date in 1898.
 "I don't use drugs, my dreams are frightening enough."
"Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. I think it's in my basement... let me go upstairs and check."

 "My work is a game, a very serious game."
"He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder."
 "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...