Search This Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Blow Out the Candles June 10

Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Fouts is celebrating his 61st birthday today.

 Dan at Oregon U.
 Dan's career 43,040 yards is currently ninth all-time for NFL QB's.

Painter Gustave Courbet was born in Ornan, Doubs, France in 1819.
Self Portrait The Desperate Man 1845

"I am fifty years old and I have always lived in freedom; let me end my life free; when I am dead let this be said of me: 'He belonged to no school, to no church, to no institution, to no academy, least of all to any régime except the régime of liberty.'"

Some of his work:
Entering the Forest 1855
View of Ornans and It's Church Steeple 1858
Young Bather 1866
The Calm Sea 1869
Sunset Over Lake Leman 1874

Lyricist Al Dubin was born in Zurich, Switzerland on this date in 1891.
 Al (standing) with writing partner Harry Warren

The Lullaby of Broadway


A Cup of Coffee a Sandwich and You

Kiss Waltz

I Only Have eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...