Search This Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

Garage Sale Packs #13

This summer I bought a bunch of 20-25 card packs (sealed ziplocks) at the local garage sale.  Each one was just 25 cents and I could see two cards.  I've been opening them one at a time and posting my favorites here.  I realize that I'm not going to get any "mojo hits" but so far I've had a lot of fun with them.

Pack Thirteen had 24 cards --10 baseball, 10 football and 3 basketball and 1 hockey.

The 1992 UD set has consistent quality.  Here's Hall of Famer Paul Molitor in the old Brewers uni that I prefer over the current ones.

Some people like this guy.

This is #118T from the traded set and has an interesting surface look and feel.
I really like this set especially the autographed versions.  Steve is part of a group that would like to buy the Dodgers.

I like silly cards like this.
Didn't I read that the players hated that dog?

Sax, the 1982 NL ROY had a solid career amassing almost 2000 hits.

In my memory Bobby Thigpen was one of the few bright spots of the late 80's early 90's Sox.

Demetrius was nicknamed "Spiderman".

Greg's 109.5 sacks ranks 16th all-time.

"Bad Moon Rison" was a 5 time Pro Bowler.
The "Cajun Cannon" threw for over 21,000 yards and is in the Saints Hall of Fame.

The pronunciation of Bobby's last name became a bit for George Costanza on Seinfeld:

Julie: And Bob Herbert's great. He's the Daily News.
George: Yes. Yes. You know what's interesting. The quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons is Bobby Hebert. No "r" which I find fascinating. You know it's Herbert h-e-r-b-e-r-t, Hebert h-e-b-e-r-t. "Hebert" it's a fun name to pronounce. Try and say it Hebert. Take a shot. All right. [check arrives] All right. I got it.

Don't know much about Kent Graham but it's a an awesome looking card (better and more shiny in person).

Is the other player Charles Barkley?  If is it's the rebounding team of "Thump N' Bump".
Another Dave Johnson?  No Orioles or Mets here.

The highly accomplished European and budding NBA star died in a car accident in Bavaria at 29.

Just one hockey card but it's a good one.
Wayne Gretzky on Essa and his "Tiki-Talk":
"He brings something special. I don't know what it is, but if you ask him, you couldn't understand his answer."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...