Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blow Out the Candles -- October 23

Hall of Fame pitcher and former US Senator Jim Bunning is celebrating his 80th birthday today.



Hall of Famer Gordie Drillon was born in Moncton, NB, CAN on this date in 1914.


Late night TV icon Johnny Carson was born in Corning, Iowa on this date in 1925.
"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined."
"I was so naive as a kid I used to sneak behind the barn and do nothing."
"Never use a big word when a little filthy one will do."

Author Michael Crichton was born in Chicago, Illinois on this date in 1942.

My favorite of his books was Jurassic Park.  If you've only seen the movie I'd still recommend reading the book which is equally good but has more scientific depth to it.



1 comment:

  1. I spent some time in Southern France this summer on my honeymoon and really loved it there. Afterward, a couple of people recommended Timeline by Michael Crichton, as it is set in the same region that I stayed in. Pretty good book so far. I'm about 3/4 of the way through and plan on reading Jurassic Park and The Lost World next.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...