Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Garage Sale Pack #14

This summer I bought a bunch of 20-25 card packs (sealed ziplocks) at the local garage sale.  Each one was just 25 cents and I could see two cards.  I've been opening them one at a time and posting my favorites here.  I realize that I'm not going to get any "mojo hits" but so far I've had a lot of fun with them.

Pack fourteen had 24 cards --10 baseball, 11 football and 3 basketball.

A nice early Chipper starts off this pack.   Sure Hall of Famer?
Maybe the whole, pictures of players signing has been overdone but it's different than a pitcher throwing.  I don't know.  Will Hoffman be forgotten now that Mo is #1?  Hall of Fame?

Is this the third future Hall of Famer in a row?  Are there people who collect "promo" cards?

Love the art cards and despite his failure to live up to his salary I do like Fonzie.
John Jaha.
Peace, Darryl.
The shy Hall of Famer, Howie Long.
"No, you the man, Miller!"
Brad is now a professional photographer.  Check out the website.
Four pictures on one card.  Such a deal!

The most highly paid place kicker in NFL history, Christian is the Raiders All-Time Leading Scorer and recently tied the record with a 63 yard field goal on September 12 against the Broncos.

Still one of the greatest receivers in Falcons history.
Minimalist card of Gary Anderson who retired as the NFL's All-Time leading scorer.
Odomes was on the Jim Kelly led Bills teams that went to 4 consecutive Super Bowls.
"Clyde the Glide."  1 championship, 10 time All-Star, Hall of Fame.  Nice.
Any member of 3 Bulls championships is welcome here.  Michael and Scottie couldn't do it by themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Chipper should make the HOF - he's one of the best switch hitters of all time, he holds several records for switch hitters, he was a key part of the Braves dynasty and 1995 World Series champions... In my mind he's much more HOF material than Roberto Alomar, so if he doesn't get in, I'll shout conspiracy, or something.

    And I collect promo cards, sort of.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...