Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Blow Out the Candles December 18

The "Georgia Peach", Ty Cobb was born in Royston, Georgia on this date in 1886.
2004 Fleer Greats of the Game #2



Bill "Moose" Skowron is celebrating his 81st birthday today.
2003 Topps Certified #TA-BS

 A lifetime .282 hitter, Moose was a 6 time All-Star and 5 time World Series Champion.




Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones celebrates birthday number 68 today.




Director, Steven Spielberg turns 65 today.


Swiss painter Paul Klee was born on this date in 1879.
"Color possesses me. I don't have to pursue it. It will possess me always, I know it. That is the meaning of this happy hour: Color and I are one. I am a painter. "

"Everything vanishes around me, and works are born as if out of the void. Ripe, graphic fruits fall off. My hand has become the obedient instrument of a remote will. "


French chef and author Jacques Pepin is celebrating his 74th birthday today, no doubt with some really good food. I think of him as the Maurice Chevalier of TV chefs. I particularly liked the shows he did with Julia Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...