Search This Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Blow Out the Candles December 17


 Shortstop Leo Cardenas, born in Matanzas, Cuba, turns 73 today.
1968 Topps #480


"Chico" was a five time All-Star for the Reds and Twins.

Leo with former teammate Frank Robinson

Chico is in the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame



Singer/songwriter Bree Sharp is celebrating her 36th birthday today. I like her work in general but one of my guilty pleasures is her song David Duchovny, a song of obsession with the X-Files star. It has some really over the top rhymes and a tongue in cheek humor that I can't resist.
Here it is:



It's Sunday night, I am curled up in my room
The TV light, fills my heart like a balloon
I hold it in as best I can, I know I'm just another fan
But I can't help feeling I could love this secret agent man
And I can't
Wait any more for him to discover me, I got it bad for David Duchovny
David Duchovny why won't you love me, why won't you love me

My friends all tell me, "Girl you know it's just a show"
But deep within his eyes, I see me wrapped up like a bow
Watching the sky for a sign, the FBI is on my mind
I'm waiting for the day, when my lucky stars align
In the form of
David Duchovny floating above me, in the alien light
of the spaceship of love I need
David Duchovny hovering above me, American Heathcliff brooding and comely
David Duchovny why won't you love me, why won't you love me
Why won't you love me

So smooth and so smart
He's abducted my heart
And I'm falling apart
From the looks I receive
From those eyes I can't leave
Well you can say I'm naive
But he told me to believe

Oooooooooooooooooooh

My bags are packed, I am ready for my flight
Wanna put an end to, my daydream days and sleepless nights
Sitting like a mindless clone, wishing he would tap my phone
Just to hear the breath of the man, the myth, the monotone
And I would say

David Duchovny why won't you love me, why won't you love me
Why won't you love me, David Duchovny why won't you love me
Why won't you love me, why won't you love me
David Duchovny I want you to love me, to kiss and to hug me
Debrief and debug me, David Duchovny I know you could love me
I'm sweet and I'm cuddly, I'm gonna kill SCULLY!
David Duchovny why won't you love me, why won't you love me
Why won't you love me Yeah

I'll be waiting
In Nevada

Here's something more recent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...