Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Topps All-Time Fan Favorites Favorites A-B

Topps put out 150 card sets of retired players in 2003-2004-2005. Players are pictured on card designs from their playing days but with different photos than were in the originals. Here are my favorites, alphabetically.


2004 #50

Nice Hank Aaron in a classic Milwaukee Braves uniform. This looks like it may be a "colorized" black & white shot. The cap, instead of being blue with a red brim, is all blue. Correct me if I'm wrong.


2004 #21

An intense Luis Aparicio. I'm partial to the later cartoon Oriole but I like this earlier one that's on the right sleeve too.

2005 #47

This card rivals the original 1954 Banks. How about the inset picture of Ernie sliding into home!


2005 #60

Not sure what's going on here. Are these fans asking Johnny to sign all that stuff? What's the little yellow box? Still, I like the '75 design. The yellow and red border seems to work well with all the red in the picture.


2004 #137

Sy Berger, the "Father of Modern Baseball Cards". An Allen & Ginter-ish beauty.


2003 #80

Who doesn't like Yogi? He sponsored Yoo-hoo! "It's a fine product."



2003 #58

I don't have any real 1971's in this condition. The Swingin' A's of the 70's are one of my favorite teams. In 1971 Vida Blue won 24 games and both the Cy Young and MVP.


2003 #146

An early shot of the outspoken Dutchman. He should be in the Hall of Fame.


2003 #20

This is an alternate version of Brett's rookie card. I think I like this one better. The background is livelier and George is sort of smiling.

2005 #22

Another 1965 design. A relaxed former Cub happy he's a "former" Cub.


2004 #48

Brett Butler flashing his Hollywood smile. Dodgers often look like this.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I've seen a handful of these on other blogs but never that many in one place. I may have 3 new sets to chase...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Bench card definitely does not look like a photo they'd use in '75. But love the fan favorites. I'm missing too many. I need more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...