Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

Blow Out the Candles


Maury Wills is 77 years old today. When I was young his 104 stolen bases in a season was still the record.
Here's Maury in the 1962 All-Star Game in Washington D.C. "And look at that man run as he steals second!"



Spanky McFarland of the Our Gang serials was born on this date in 1928.
This is his last TV appearance, on Cheers.

First in German




In English


Lastly, today singer/songwriter Don McLean celebrates his 64th birthday. I don't claim to understand all of the references but I still never get tired of listening to "American Pie". I can't decide which of these is better so here are two renditions:


2 comments:

  1. a triple play of birthday wishes, very nice !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those Sports Illustrated autographs. Unfortunately, I never picked up the Wills. I'll have to add that to my wantlist.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...