Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Blow Out the Candles May 17

Negro League great, Hall of Famer James "Cool Papa" Bell was born in Starkville, Mississippi on this date in 1903.


Cool Papa sliding into third

Quarterback Earl Morrall is celebrating his 78th birthday today.

Earl at Michigan State

Composer Erik Satie was born in Honfleur, France on this date in 1866.
"I eat only white foods: eggs, sugar, grated bones, the fat of dead animals; veal, salt, coconut, chicken cooked in white water; fruit mold, rice, turnips; camphorated sausage, dough, cheese (white), cotton salad, and certain fish (skinless)."
“Before I compose a piece, I walk around it several times, accompanied by myself.”
Portrait by Ramon Casas
“When I was young, I was told: 'You'll see, when you're fifty. I am fifty and I haven't seen a thing.”
Portrait by Suzanne  Valadon 1893
“I came into the world very young, in an age that was very old.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...