Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Do It Yourself COMC Pack #11/35

I recently had 8 months worth of Check Out My Cards purchases shipped.  I divided the 153 cards into 35 groups.  I like to think of these as hand picked "packs".   I'm posting them in random order.  "Pack" #31, 1 card, was $.89 including shipping.

This is another skimpy one card pack but for 89 cents it's pretty good.  Who doesn't like some 1950's Don Mossi?  1957 to be exact.
I love the writing, "When the Indians send up a smoke signal spelling trouble, Don swings into action."  Also a great trivia question.  BTW Lefty still owns the record (for a 9 inning game complete game).  On May 21, 1970 Mel Stottlemyre of the Yankees also walked 11 but was relieved by Steve Hamilton with one out in the ninth.  The Ted Williams managed Senators stranded 14 in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...