Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Blow Out the Candles April 24

Artist Willem de Kooning was born in Rotterdam, Netherlands on this date in 1904.
“Once, after finishing a picture, I thought I would stop for awhile, take a trip, do things -- the next time I thought of this, I found five years had gone by.”
"Nature then, is just nature. I admit I am very impressed with it. The attitude that nature is chaotic and that the artist puts order into it is a very absurd point of view, I think. All that we can do for is to put some order in ourselves. When a man ploughs his field at the right time, it means just that."
 Two Women with Still Life 1952
 Gotham News 1955
Excavation 1950
“I don't paint to live, I live to paint.”


Actress and author Shirley MacLaine is celebrating her 78th birthday today.

My wife and I watch "The Apartment" at least once a year.


Shirley is also a best-selling author.  I read both these books when they came out in the 1980's.  
 My hardcover copy from 1985

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...