Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A $25 Ebay Gift Card Got Me ...

My sister-in-law and her husband gave me a $25 Ebay gift card as a late Christmas present.  I've been slowly making use of it.  Here are my latest purchases:

$1.49
1962 Topps #217
Walt led the Dodgers to 4 World Series Championships and is in the Hall of Fame.  I love the photography on this one -- great colors and composition.  I'm also a fan of the writing on the back of vintage cards.  Do they still use phrases today like "this season he's aiming at all the marbles"?  

$2.44
1962 Topps #40
Another 1962 Topps.  Will the competition for these rise with the release of 2011 Heritage?  
By the time I really started following baseball and collecting cards, Cepeda was already a Cardinal and then  a Brave.  This card follows one of Orlando's best seasons (noted in the cartoon).  It's my first of his cards picturing him as a Giant. He finally made it to the Hall of Fame in 1999.

Total spent so far $21.25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...