Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2022

I've Got the Willies

First Willie that comes to mind?  Gotta be The Say Hey Kid. 

1967 Topps #200 Willie Mays
1960 Topps #316 Willie McCovey
1971 Topps #230 Willie Stargell
1968 Topps #208 Willie Davis
1968 Topps #360 Willie Horton
1984 Topps #310 Willie McGee
1985 O-Pee-Chee #6 Willie Wilson
1988 Donruss #108 Willie Randolph
1994 American Archives Origins of Baseball #81 Willie Keeler 
2008 Upper Deck Hockey Masterpieces #73 Willie O'Ree
1971 Topps Football #114 Willie Lanier
There are two more notable Willies that I don't have cards of, Willie Davis and Willie Wood. Both men played for the Green Bay Packers and both are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.



12 comments:

  1. That's a lot of Willies. It would have been interesting to see how many I could have named. I recognize everyone in this post, but I'm pretty sure I would have missed at least a few of them. That being said... I did think of one more football player: Willie Gault.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fumble! I need to watch me some 85 Bears highlights, especially after yesterday's sad debacle. Thanks Fuji.

      Delete
  2. Do you keep all of your Willie's together? A page of Willie's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the Willies have their various homes. Nice that at least half were previously scanned.

      Delete
  3. Also Willie Montanez.

    And the Giants had a cornerback in the 1970s with the unimaginative name of Willie Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. Somebody entered you in a give-away on my blog and you won a PWE of cards.

    Can you send me your mailing address please? And which sport do you want - Football's probably strongest, followed by baseball, then basketball and hockey.

    morganyud at protonmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Willie Wise of the old American Basketball Association

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could you forget Willie Mays Aikens of the Royals?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great article and I learn a lot from this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...