Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2021

Late Night Wars

 It's hard to believe but the well documented period in television history know as the Late Night Wars is now two decades in the past.  This strange set included three of the top players.  I guess you'd have to be at least in your mid thirties to remember how seriously they all took it.  Do you remember?  Did you/do you have a favorite?  I'm a morning person so I've never watched a lot of late night TV.  I really do remember watching Dave Letterman's morning show and was disappointed when it was cancelled.  He'd still be my favorite.  BTW, I hate his beard.

1993 Freedom Press High School Heroes #11 Johnny Carson

1993 Freedom Press High School Heroes #13 David Letterman

1993 Freedom Press High School Heroes #12 Jay Leno


10 comments:

  1. Yup, remember the Late Night Wars well. I never watch morning TV.

    I was a Letterman guy. Started out watching Johnny, then watched Carson and Letterman back-to-back, then just Letterman after Carson left. I didn't get into Conan O'Brien's show. He's OK, just not my kind of humor.

    As for Leno, not much interesting about his show. He was pretty funny as a guest on Letterman in the mid-1980s but I guess he had to widen his appeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're opposites. I'm an early bird. My wife says that when the sun comes up I pop up like toast.

      Delete
  2. I remember this whole saga from when I was kid. I liked Carson, but never really cared for Leno or Letterman. Neither guy's humor appealed to me in the least, then or now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up this set a few years ago because of the awesome checklist. As for the Late Night Wars, I remember the cool kids watched Letterman. He had the Beastie Boys on his show at least a couple of times. I watched all three of them, but none on a nightly basis. I think the only Late Night guy I watched regularly was Conan in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last card in thset is Woody Allen. I was excited to see that. Did you pick up Series 2 as well? It has a Michael Jordan.

      Delete
    2. I'd have to dig it out and check, but based on the post I wrote a few years ago... I feel like I only purchased the 30 card set. I'll head over to eBay right now and see if I can grab a reasonably priced Series 2 set.

      Delete
    3. There was a seller offering both but pricy compared to the one set I bought.

      Delete
  4. pg เลือกตั้ง นายก เว็บไซต์ที่มาแรงที่สุดของยุคนี้ PGSLOT เว็บไซต์ตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์แจ็กเพียงพอตแตกมาก แตกจริง แถมพวกเราจ่ายลูกค้าทุกคนจริง ไม่ยั้ง ไม่เท ขอบอกเลยว่าพวกเรา

    ReplyDelete
  5. ทำไม dumbo1234 หากชื่อผู้ใช้ของคุณเป็น dumbo1234 คุณสามารถใช้ชื่อนี้เข้าสู่ระบบหรือสร้างบัญชีผู้ใช้ใหม่ได้อย่างปกติ PGSLOT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...