Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2017

To the Winners!

I'm disappointed that the Cubs are not going to the World Series this year.  Honestly though, I'm not even sure they were the best team in at NLDS.  They were for sure not the best team in the NLCS.  The Dodgers outplayed the Cubs in probably every facet of the game.  So to their fans I say congratulations.  It hasn't been 70 years but it has been a long time since you've seen your team in the Fall Classic.  I don't have any memorablia from 1988 but I do have a couple of pieces from 1965.  


Is this a great cover or what?!! 
 It was created by 5 time Pulitzer Award nominee Karl Hubenthal

Here are a few highlights from inside:



7 comments:

  1. Talk about a couple of fantastic items. You're right about the cover of that program, that baby is frame-able!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in agreement with sbl, that cover is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That space-age program cover is fantastic. Nice collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My all-time favorite World Series cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odd not to see Tommy Davis listed in the program, but he missed all of May to September 1965 with a broken ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... that '65 World Series cover is fantastic! Not a Dodgers or a Twins fan, but if they made a poster out of that cover, I'd hang it up in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, great space-age cover. Also loved seeing those throw-back Vegas stars.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...