Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Different Kind of Action Card

A few weeks ago I made a comment on Fuji's blog about one card he pulled from a blaster of 2015 Panini Rookies and Stars.  He generously offered to mail it to me.

Due to a couple of serious injuries the Bears' 2015 #1 draft pick has played just 4 games in his first two seasons.  Despite this, Bears GM Ryan Pace still has high hopes for White.
 
The fact that this is a Bears card is what attracted me in the first place.  More importantly I liked the multiple exposure effect.  
I know there have been other cards featuring a  similar "multiple exposure image".  I think it would make a really fun mini collection.  Anyone done this? Do any particular cards come to mind?  Feel free to send a link. 

4 comments:

  1. I wrote about some of the Upper Deck cards from the 90's that utilized multiple images a while back...

    http://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2014/02/fill-my-eyes-with-that-triple-vision.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You supplied the card. You supplied the links. Are you sure you didn't write this post, too? Thanks, Fuji! Somewhere I think I either have or have seen a hockey card with this effect. Maybe a Gretzky?

      Delete
    2. Lol. I found four... but there are probably more:

      1991-92 Upper Deck #437 Wayne Gretzky
      1991-92 Upper Deck #464 Brett Hull
      1992-93 Upper Deck #28 Jaromir Jagr
      1992-93 Upper Deck #SP2 Pavel Bure

      Delete
  2. Yeah, that's the ticket! LOL

    I did not know Panini did this. I must investigate. Thanks for the link here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...