Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blow Out the Candles July 17 Blogger Birthday Update!

Go to the end to see which blogger is celebrating today.

Hall of Famer Lou Boudreau was born in Harvey, Illinois on this date in 1917.
 1951 Bowman #62

 2001 Sp Legendary Cuts #D-LB
2001 UD #SJ-LB

 Joe Gordon, Ken Keltner, Daler Mitchel and Lou Boudreau 
Lou and his wife before the 1948 World Series


My memories of Lou are of listening to him and his radio partner Vince Lloyd broadcasting Cubs games on WGN 720.  Lou was the voice of the Cubs for over a quarter of a century starting in the early 1960's.


Cubs favorite Don Kessinger is celebrating his 70th birthday today.
 1966 Topps #24

 2005 Topps Pristine #125 916/1999
 Don returned to coach the baseball team at his Alma Mater from 1991-96.
 1993 UD All-Time Heroes #80

Don in 2011


Composer and pianist Vince Guaraldi was born in San Francisco, California on this date in 1928.

Like a host of other baby boomers and  I first came to know Vince Guaraldi's music through his association with the Peanuts animated specials.
Who doesn't recognize this one:





Singer, songwriter Phoebe Snow was born in New York City, New York on this date in 1950.






A late addition:
You've all seen this logo, right?

It's creator and creator of the great blog it belongs to is celebrating his 23rd birthday today.  Happy birthday Greg! Click here to see a preview of the loot he got.
I think this is Greg. Someone let me know if I'm wrong.

3 comments:

  1. Man, I love me some Vince Guaraldi. It started with the Peanuts specials, then the "Oh, Good Grief!" album, then "A Boy Named Charlie Brown" and "Jazz Impressions Of Black Orpheus" (awesome stuff) and on from there. As a matter of fact, I was in a used record store the other day, and I made a side trip to the Jazz section just to look for some out-of-print Vince. No luck.

    Dude looks weird without the trademark moustache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Boudreau Bowman that you led off the post with, awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the birthday shout-out! and though I haven't posted my picture on my site before, that particular shot of me - and yes, it's definitely me after about 12 hours of camping out to meet Matt - has made it out on a couple of blogs haha.

    he said no, by the by.

    cue sad face.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...