Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Big Cards Need Love Too -- #'s 41-45

I guess I'm in the minority but I think these 3-1/2" x 5", 1983 Donruss Action All-Stars are nice.   Here they are in numerical order. (Click to enlarge particularly if you want to read the backs).

If the comments I've been getting on the first half of the set are any indication these cards do have some fans.  Anyone want to comment that doesn't like them?

Tonight's group features 4 hall of fame members and a near miss (or at least a fan favorite).

 Before Brian Wilson, there was Bruce Sutter.  Don't fear the beard with Bruce, fear the split-finger fastball!

George was the first player in baseball history to accumulate 3,000 hits, 300 home runs, 600 doubles, 100 triples, 1,500 RBIs and 200 stolen bases.  Not too shabby.   The stats are from the Hall of Fame.  They say first.  Has there been another?

 Pudge wore White Sox for more years but I'll always think of him wearing Red.

Wow, speaking of all-time great Red Sox, here's Yaz.  How high is he on the Red Sox National heroes list?

Dale won 2 MVP's and hit 398 home runs.  His number 3 was retired by the Braves.  This is the best looking card out of this group.

2 comments:

  1. In general, I don't like large cards.

    I do like these. I remember buying some back in '83. Have no idea where they went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks trusted Chicago marriage counseling

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...