Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Cubs Wisdom

 The Chicago Cubs, after deciding not to extend 2015 Rookie of the Year, 2016 MVP and World Series Champ Kris Bryant traded him to the San Francisco Giants on July 30, 2021.  His replacement was a 29 year old rookie, Patrick Wisdom.  Most Cubs fans were not happy.  

From my vantage point it looked like Bryant was happy in San Francisco but for whatever reasons he did not sign with them after the 2021 season.  Instead he landed in Denver with a Rockies team that was and still is struggling.  I've always been perplexed by his choice.

Back in Chicago "This Old Rookie" has been living the dream.  Yes, he strikes out too much and his average has been poor but look at his production compared to the oft injured multi-millionaire Bryant.

2021-2023

Patrick in 290 games has 67 HR, 155 RBI, 47 doubles, and 149 runs scored.

KB since the trade has only played in 149 games with 17 HR, 55 RBI, 31 doubles, and 77 runs scored.

Add to this the fact that "P-Wizzie" (hate that nickname) is costing the Cubs 1/20 of what Kris Bryant is making and it's hard to argue their decision to part ways. 

I bought this 9 card lot late one night on eBay mostly as a souvenir of the great feel good story that is Patrick Wisdom's success.







































5 comments:

  1. So glad I didn't pay a bunch for my 2015 Kris Bryant cards. ... I probably should've sold them off when I had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of you as a speculator. Pretty much the only Bryant cards I own are from the World Series sets.

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard of him, but it does sound like the Cubs made the right move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd be shocked at how many players from other teams that I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pg สล็อต คนไหนเป็นแฟนคลับเกมสล็อต เชื่อเลยว่าบางทีอาจจะไม่มีผู้ใดที่จะไม่เคยทราบและไม่เคยใช้บริการเกมสล็อต PG SLOT ด้วยเหตุว่าค่ายพีจีสล็อต ถือได้ว่าเป็นค่ายยักษ์ใหญ่

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...