Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2021

Fountains -- Paris to Chicago

"Parc of Versailles -- The  Basin of Latone, a grand waterworks' day"

I haven't figured out how to date these old French postcards but I assume it's from the early 20th century.

Buckingham Fountain in Chicago's Grant Park was inspired by the French Fountain at Versailles.
Here's an RPPC (Real Photo Post Card) of Buckingham Fountain with the Chicago skyline to the west. It had to be taken previous to 1931 when this card was sent. I'll go into more detail about this Chicago landmark in a future post. I probably have at least another dozen different cards.

5 comments:

  1. Whenever I see Buckhingham Fountain I always think of the opening to Married with Children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about that. I've seen the fountain live on full power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. สล็อต PGSLOTแตกง่าย เล่นง่ายได้เงินจริงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อต pg slot ออนไลน์บนโทรศัพท์เคลื่อนที่ที่มีเกมนานาประการให้เลือก เป็นเกมรูปแบบใหม่ที่ทำเงินให้ผู้เล่นได้เงินจริง 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...