Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Miss My Dad.

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there.  I don't have kids and my Dad has been gone for a couple of decades.
Here he is outside of his School in Chicago


My Dad's favorite player growing up was Cubs third baseman, Stan Hack.  He acquired the autographed card below as an adult but I'd like to think he had a copy as a kid.
Coincidentally my favorite player growing up was also the Cubs third baseman, in my case Ron Santo. I miss my Dad and I miss Ronnie. Both Hall of Famers in my book.
I got this card signed TTM right after Ron retired.

4 comments:

  1. I miss mine as well. Lost him to cancer in 2002.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss my dad, too. We held his funeral the day before Father's Day last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tribute to your father. That photograph of him catching that baseball is really cool. And his autographed Stanley Hack card is another cool way to remember him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tribute, I remember this post year after year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...